Train, Don’t Blame!
A cornerstone of our training approach.
Our Trainers’ Skill Sets Includes The Following:
- Train dogs quickly and effectively using positive reinforcement.
- Pride ourselves in the use of reward based training methods.
- Specialize in working with very challenging dogs: anxiety, aggression and other difficult behavior issues.
- Member of nationally recognized dog training organizations: Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT) and International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC).
- Pet first aid and CPR certified.
- Continually educating ourselves based on current, scientifically proven research.
- Are the recommended trainer for several local rescue groups.
- Work with all breeds of dogs, including rescue dogs. We understand the uniqueness of dogs.
Suzanne Mackay, is our Senior Trainer and Principal of Canine Path. She has worked with animals all her life. Growing up in Northern California, she was a member of her school’s animal education programs, later pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. She has owned and worked with countless breeds of dogs, as well other animals since graduating.
Suzanne later attained a M.B.A. from the University of Southern California, subsequently working in the corporate realm for fifteen years where she specialized in human resources and software implementation on 2002.
Suzanne returned to her true vocation, working with animals. Suzanne works with dog owners and numerous rescue groups, remedying serious manner and behavioral problems.
Suzanne utilizes a variety of dog training and behavioral modification techniques, including operant conditioning, positive methods and “pack leadership” methodologies. Her “open toolbox” system allows her to integrate dogs in the home with the use of rewards, praise, and exercise in order to achieve a balanced and centered dog. She is dedicated to helping dogs and their owners strengthen their relationship. Certified as an “AKC Good Citizen Evaluator,” Suzanne regularly conducts temperament tests and extensive behavioral evaluations for private parties, rescue organizations as well as within the Los Angeles City & County shelter system. She is also a “Certified Level II Nosework Instructor,” training dogs in scent work.
Suzanne has worked as an expert witness in litigation relating to behavioral dog issues and written several articles about dog training, behavior and care.
At Canine Path our passion and profession is to work with families and individuals, teaching them how to train and manage their dog in real-world settings. We are dedicated to improving the lives of dogs and their owners, one dog at a time.
Suzanne and her team We love dogs and are fortunate to be able to do what we love to do. Contact us today and start your dog on the Canine Path!